Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's GARBAGE DAY in CRAPIDS.

I went for my first long run today in a couple weeks! The little issue with my legs cleared up and I emerged victorious from a bout of bronchitis, so I was ready to GOOOOO.

I didn't have a route in mind-- it was bee-you-tiful outside so I just let my legs carry me.
And carry me they did...

Through residential Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
City of Five Smells.
One of which, I discovered, is the sweet stench of garbage bins on the curbside, waiting patiently for the glorious dawn that will bring even stench-ier trucks to carry the refuse away to Mount Trashmore.

Now you know-- Thursday is garbage day around Mount Mercy and on down to the trail. And especially if it's warm, the stink rises up to your nostrils and sneaks down your throat and no matter how much you try to choke it away or cough it out, it will stay in your lungs until you are well away from any area of residence.

Also, the houses on O Ave are built into a hill, so the slope of the front yard is not conducive to upright garbage cans. Thus, the homeowners put them in the street, meaning I did a lot of weaving in and out of the street. Just a little PSA for those of you who prefer running in straight lines!

MapMyRun.com tells me that it was a 6-mile run! Sweet.

I think that means Thursday is the day for the Death Mountain run!

No comments:

Post a Comment