Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Saturday

I'll cut to the chase: I thought Saturday would be better than Friday. I was wrong.

Public Service Announcement: When the nice lady with the Nutri-Grain bar at BioLife tells you to wait to exercise for three hours after giving plasma, it's probably a good idea to wait at least an hour.

And probably not a good idea to drive straight to your grandmother's house to take the dog on a run.

Important detail: The dog's name is Bodey.

As in Bodacious Bodey.

And, historically speaking, I don't run the dog; the dog runs me.

So when I got out of the car and Bodey bounded over with the leash in his mouth, I knew I was in trouble. To make a long story short, my Saturday run was the longest three miles of my life.

To my Advanced Writing Workshop class: You would have loved any video footage I could have posted on this run.

That is all you need to know.

1 comment: